The Zodiac Delay Modifier allows avatars (Gnosis Safes and other web3 accounts) to enforce a time delay between when a module initiates a transaction and when it can be executed by an avatar.
- Allows DAOs to control the amount of time needed to prepare for a proposal's changes before execution
- Enables DAOs to level up security practices
- Provides DAO members an opportunity to exit or fork before a proposal is executed
Example Use Case
A DAO holds a vote that would significantly alter the protocol pending the outcome of a proposal, which eventually passes. With the Delay Modifier equipped, the DAO adds a time delay between the transaction's initialization and actual execution, allowing the DAO Operators adequate time to update the protocol prior to the transaction execution.
- Tutorial for DAO Operators: This tutorial has the perspective of a steward, admin, or manager of an organization using the Delay Modifier.
- Tutorial for DAO Developers: This tutorial has the perspective of a developer who is comfortable with the command line and would like to implement, modify, or build upon the Delay Modifier.