Primer article on Mumford and Ocalan: "Hierarchy in the UK, Anarchy in Kurdistan" by Adam Curtis
Our philosophy is influenced by a combination of Mumford (philosophy of technology), Ocalan (political philosophy) and Werner (economic philosophy).
- Study each material below
- Make notes summarizing on each piece
- Your own thoughts and critique
- Report that will serve as a basis for a media piece connecting these concepts together (keep track of material since this will be referenced later)
- "Authoritarian vs Democratic Technics" by Lewis Mumford
- Introduction to "New Paradigm on Macroeconomics" by Richard Werner
- Also see orginal article.
- Pages 64-74 of "Manifesto for a Democratic Civilization part 2" by Abdullah Ocalan
- IDEOLOGY document which contains an excerpt from Ocalan's third book on Democratic Civilization.
- Complete reading of "Manifesto for a Democratic Civilization part 2"
- Produce report we can share which explains all these ideas in the areas of politics, economy and society.
- Explain these concepts:
- Capitalist modernity
- Democratic modernity
- Democratic nation
- Ocalan on Science
- Konkin, The New Libertarian Manifesto
- The Zen of Python
- Basics of Unix Philosophy
- Do Artifacts Have Politics, Langdon Winner