A metablog is an informal internal blog of an organization written by its members. The pattern, initiated by Metalabel, creates space for members to "detail what they're working on and thinking about." Commenting and asking questions on each other's blog posts are critical components of the metablogging practice, underscoring the benefits of asynchronous communication, post-permission collaboration, and open information.
Key benefits of metablogging:
- transparency around decisions, ideas, and plans
- a chronological record of past thinking
- less meetings
While organizations decide what cadence and approach work best for them, regular rhythms and thoughts-in-progress are generally valued over polished works.
- Gnosis Guild (bi-weekly, using Notion)
- Metalabel (at least once a week, using Notion)
- PHLOTE DAO
- Seed Club (once a week, Notion)
- Take Up Space (Notion)
- Metablogging: https://ideaspace.substack.com/p/metablogging