The Zodiac Exit pattern allows members to redeem a designated token for a proportion of an avatar's (a Safe or other web3 account's) digital assets. To incorporate this pattern, a DAO can equip the Exit Module to its Safe and members can visit the Exit App when they choose to exit. Read more about the Exit App.
- Enables members to redeem tokens (ERC-20 and ERC-721) for a proportion of the DAO's digital assets
- Allows for redemptions that are trustless and permissionless
- Empowers DAO members to easily exit organizations for any reason
Example Use Case
A speedrun DAO formed to crowdfund for an auction, but the bid was unsuccessful. Because the DAO equipped its Gnosis Safe with the Exit Module, members can use the standalone App to instantly and permissionlessly redeem the DAO's governance token for a proportion of its designated treasury asset, such as ETH or DAI.
- Tutorial for DAO Members: This tutorial has the perspective of a member of an organization that has equipped its Safe with the Exit Module.
- Tutorial for DAO Operators: This tutorial has the perspective of a steward, admin, or manager of an organization using the Exit Pattern.
- Tutorial for DAO Developers: This tutorial has the perspective of a developer who is comfortable with the command line and would like to implement, modify, or build upon the Exit Pattern.