The Zodiac Delay Modifier allows avatars (Gnosis Safes and other web3 accounts) to enforce a time delay between when a module initiates a transaction and when it can be executed by an avatar.
- Allows DAOs to control the amount of time needed to prepare for a proposal's changes before execution
- Enables DAOs to level up security practices
- Provides DAO members an opportunity to exit or fork before a proposal is executed
Example Use Case
A DAO holds a vote that would significantly alter the protocol pending the outcome of a proposal, which eventually passes. With the Delay Modifier equipped, the DAO adds a time delay between the transaction's initialization and actual execution, allowing the DAO Operators adequate time to update the protocol prior to the transaction execution.
- Tutorial for DAO Operators: This tutorial has the perspective of a steward, admin, or manager of an organization using the Delay Modifier.
- Tutorial for DAO Developers: This tutorial has the perspective of a developer who is comfortable with the command line and would like to implement, modify, or build upon the Delay Modifier.
Pages in category "Delay Modifier"
This category contains only the following page.