Distributed Social Sensemaking: Primitives for Groupware Design
- Title: Distributed Social Sensemaking: Primitives for Groupware Design
- Author: Pablo Somonte Ruano, Emaline Friedman & Jean Russell, with contributions from the Neighborhoods team
- Format: PDF, booklet
- Website/Publication/Organization: Neighbourhoods
- Year: 2022
- Link: https://neighbourhoods.network/Distributed_Social_Sensemaking.pdf
- Description: This work was created by the Neighbourhoods ($NHT) team to support the design of culturally-specific groupware on Holochain. It positions communities as the core subject of systems design. Individual agency is not dismissed or neglected but is defined contextually, in relation to the communities these agents are part of and the social data their interactions generate. Communities should be able to configure their digital networks to reflect their interests, values and ways of relating, while being able to interoperate with each other.